Friday, November 6, 2009

28 hours 50 minutes later...

We made it!!!

We started a stop watch when the bus left our hotel and stopped it when we reached the training site. But we all made it, without too much trouble. It's hot and sticky here, supposedly it's going to break any day now and become the cooler season. I think the cool season might only exist in air condintioned rooms, which there are a few of (one is my bunk room.. yes!).

So far the wildlife I've seen includes several goats, a cat without a tail, some chickens, a really cute tiny puppy, and fruit bats!! They're hugh and all around the compound where we're staying. very cool. (for those of you who saw the background of my computer recently, that's a fruit bat.)

We got in last night and were met at the airport by several volunteers and PC staff. Today we started training with intros to the offices here, vaccinations, and our first language classes. We learned some basic greetings in Mandinka and Pulaar. Basically I learned how to say 'jam tan' (peace only) after every question.

I will hopefully have internet for the next week or so. I will try to update.

Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment